View Single Post
Old 18-07-2021, 19:46   #6489
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Not difficult to achieve when you use aggressive tax policy to attract the world’s biggest companies to place their offices in your territory. It’s amazing how many Apple products are ‘sold’ by the Irish. Oddly enough their standard of living and likelihood of going bankrupt in a financial crash don’t seem commensurate.

Fortunately the developed world seems to be coming to its collective senses on this sort of thing. So I guess within a few years we’re going to see whether the Celtic Tiger was made of paper all along.
Does the EU not prevent member States from undercutting other members to increase their own tax take?

---------- Post added at 19:46 ---------- Previous post was at 19:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Whilst I love bashing Boris as much as the next person this isn’t as much of a story as has been sensationalised by the media, there’s about twenty public sector orgs and private companies involved in this trial that Boris & Rishi found themselves on.

It does however present itself as another spectacular gaffe/uturn.
And it was just pure chance that they both happened to be picked for this trial.....

I think even Johnson has realised that this one rule for us and another for everyone else attitude would annoy the public.