View Single Post
Old 25-08-2020, 15:33   #807
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
Re: What have you fixed lately?

Since I repaired the PC the TV seemed unable to browse the media servers files and folders. Despite ensuring that the PC had the same IP and MAC as before. Another section in the sets apps could see some selected files and play them.

Tried any number of things like re-detecting and testing the server to TV connects ( all fine), checking router and firewall settings, open ports etc

Last week I started to get a message on TV startup: "Due to a boot error some applications may not be available"

It's the Media Player, it always is and the cure is a factory reset. Now the player connects to the servers without any problems. There must be some extra information squirrelled away in the set that "remembers" something about the PC that the servers are running on that cannot be reset / cleared through the normal menus.

Sony Bravia KDL42W706

The message "Could not receive contents list" in the Media Player from Media Servers can be fixed by a factory reset.