Thread: Tivo V6 Unable to record
View Single Post
Old 26-04-2019, 09:29   #19
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Unable to record

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul2908 View Post
i read today that all series of The Shield were to be shown on All4 from the 24th. i've looked on catch up, on demand & even tried a wishlist search where an on screen message read 'no upcoming episodes in the next 2 weeks' sorry to keep playing the same old record, but can anyone help?
Simply that VM doesn't have the access to the full content lists of many services (All4, My5, UKTV etc). In All4's case VM have all the catch-up but not all the boxsets. The boxsets that don't show are the American ones and most of the Walter Presents ones (we only get the the ones that are broadcast on likes of More4). Basically if the subtitled show is broadcast on a C4 channel, VM get it. And it the US show is broadcast, VM get it.

The deals C4 makes for likes of Community, 30Rock and The Shield aren't broadcast deals, they are on-demand deals. When Channel 4 made deals with the likes of VM originally they weren't doing on-demand only shows like this, so they won't be covered and a new deal will have to be made. You will have to use a device with the All4 app, e.g. Roku, your mobile/tablet if you want The Sheild.

Having said that, recently Catch-up has been extended from 7 days to 30 days for shows on C4 channels, so a new deal may have been made and this is the first stage of it being implemented.

Last edited by cheekyangus; 26-04-2019 at 09:34.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote