View Single Post
Old 23-02-2021, 16:54   #6719
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Websites that stop you accessing them because to are running an Ad blocker.

Then there are the ones that want to charge you to access the information. I wish there was a setting I could click that would stop these sites showing up in my searches.
I don't mind sites like that as long as the ads are not obtrusive. After all, even if they give you information for free, they still have to pay bills. They pay for hosting, hardware, software and sometimes pay costs to obtain the information.

This site, for instance, is funded by the advertisements. Otherwise, you'd be asking the Admin and Moderation team to pay for hosting so you could post.

My moan?

My ipad battery has failed. I am angry because I purchased this refurbished iPad from the same repair company (who are quite a large, reliable company who we use at work for our Apple repairs) last May after the battery in my original iPad failed, and the motherboard developed a fault that prevented it booting reliably.

They say the battery is fine, but one of the enclosures is bent. This is what I am angry about. I've treated the iPad extremely carefully, keeping it in a hardened case. In fact, the only time I removed it from that case was so I could send it back to the repairer. I'd argue that if anything is bent, it's happened either in their office, or in their courier's van. They are offering to sell me another refurbished iPad for half the price of a new one, but bearing in mind that the refurbished iPad comes with a 3 month warranty, and a new one will have both a better spec, and a 12 month warranty for £200 or so more (assuming they offer the full £215 for recycling my old iPad), I'm tempted to go for new.

BTW, before you suggest a cheap Android tablet, we already have a kindle in the house and, TBH, I don't like it. Plus I have too many iPad apps I am unwilling to give up.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote