View Single Post
Old 16-05-2022, 15:25   #1285
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I wouldn’t call the Disney channels, Universal, Fox and the like ‘minor channels’, jfman.
And that’s an entirely subjective assessment on your part, Old Boy.

If we take the Google definition lesser in importance, seriousness, or significance. then yes, by viewership and by revenue these channels would be of lower importance than Sky Sports, Sky Basics, ITV family of channels, Channel 4 and associated channels and those from Five. Their content is also arguably of lesser importance than that from Netflix or Amazon Prime.

Quote:
I don’t know where you think the content for our existing channels is going to come from in the years ahead.
Where anyone else gets them I presume?

Quote:
They will be filled mostly with cheap old repeats, tat and the occasional original thrown in by the terrestrials. Sky will migrate to streaming much sooner than you envisage.
Sky already stream on not one but THREE platforms now, OB. Four if you include Sky Go but I don’t believe it can be purchased standalone.

Your persistence in viewing the television market through the perverse lens of competing, as opposed to complementary technologies continues to mean you reach the wrong conclusions.

As you will see I’ve linked in the other thread to satellite manufacturers are investing in building the next generation of satellites that will serve Europe to 2040 and beyond.

Last edited by jfman; 16-05-2022 at 15:39.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote