Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 26-06-2019, 10:49   #3683
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I am confused.

Are you saing it's a waste because nothing went wrong?

Or you saying people will perceive to have been a waste precisely because nothing went wrong as a result of the problem being addressed?
I'm saying that after the event some people said it was a waste of time and money. I knew it wasn't as I had to rewrite much of the hospital system I was working on. Fortunately the data store was compliant, just the application needed to add the century. We had to add bits of code to move the epoch so 2 digit years would work also - had to handle past and future dates correctly. We had it ready well before 1999.

Brexit is different but if things go well those who support it will say they said so (in advance) those against will say it would be even better if we remained. If things go badly those who oppose will say told you so, those who support will blame the opposers.

Bit like farmers who are never happy with the weather. Whatever the Brexit outcome some will not be happy.