View Single Post
Old 15-03-2018, 11:53   #474
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts
Re: Crisis in the NHS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Erm, no - I think that everyone who works for me deserves a decent wage (for a decent day's work), and that part of my role was to keep them in a job (by putting together a future work plan and budgets to support that work plan) and help them do a good job by supporting them, helping them develop, and providing direction. I thought I had success when one of my colleagues was promoted internally, or went somewhere else for a higher paying / career progressing job.

Another salient point was that he had been in IT for under 10 years, and I have been progressing for over 35 years...

A manager can't succeed without a good team, and you can't have a good team if you treat them like crap.

Not sure how you came to your conclusion, though...

Sorry but it was the way I read it. Sounded like you came across as look at me in my job everyone else is worthless.

I've worked in jobs in the past 35k a year at management level not so much now but was a personal choice.

However while I can appreciate those that work at the top may experience stress at a different level putting in 60hrs work compared to someone doing 37hrs work doesn't necessarily mean that the role they carry doesn't have any stress or they are anymore worthless in what they do be that 10 years or 45 years experience.

If anything I encourage those below me to put the effort in to get where I have got to in life.

Although I work with a few that have got 30+ years on me in this job they certainly like to make a point of letting everyone know.
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote