View Single Post
Old 14-03-2018, 14:04   #467
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Crisis in the NHS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
So basically you just think everyone is a piece of crap below you then that the work they do is worth nothing for the pay they get because of the level you have worked at?
Erm, no - I think that everyone who works for me deserves a decent wage (for a decent day's work), and that part of my role was to keep them in a job (by putting together a future work plan and budgets to support that work plan) and help them do a good job by supporting them, helping them develop, and providing direction. I thought I had success when one of my colleagues was promoted internally, or went somewhere else for a higher paying / career progressing job.

Another salient point was that he had been in IT for under 10 years, and I have been progressing for over 35 years...

A manager can't succeed without a good team, and you can't have a good team if you treat them like crap.

Not sure how you came to your conclusion, though...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 14-03-2018 at 14:17.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote