View Single Post
Old 01-12-2020, 01:15   #1590
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
So OB isn't prepared to put his money where his mouth is then and agree to my little wager i made him.
Of course he won’t as then he’d clearly have to agree to fixed goalposts. No more room to conflate and obfuscate.

He’s clearly realised, for a second time, that his hopes/dreams are over ambitious. Just as 2025 became 2035 the shift is now ‘linear’ to ‘traditional’ broadcasts.

I’ve asked countless times - to no clear answer - whether continuous video accessed through an app where everyone watches the exact same thing at the exact same time to a fixed schedule would be considered ‘linear’ to Old Boy. An example would be the current Sky Sports News app on Now TV.

Now to any objective observer this is ‘linear’ television. You, or anyone else, can opt in and out as you please and at any given time you’d see exactly what I see. If I sat there for 100 hours the broadcast will continue without any need for the user to do anything (energy saving settings permitted). This is how linear, scheduled television works regardless of delivery method. This is what he’s bleated on about for 7 years.

However, this is where Old Boy’s next clutch at straws comes in. He’s going to argue this is streaming as it’s delivered by the internet. Yet, all that posting he did about watching TV to a schedule being for the brain dead at no point debated the merits of DTT vs IPTV.