View Single Post
Old 21-11-2018, 18:22   #25
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Funding of the BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Its more a case of you not answering the question l posed to you earlier as you seem to have developed convenient memory loss when it suits you.

Here is the question again for you.
I framed my question in the light of your question.

Ok, in this case, the answer is no. It's different if you are providing essential services such as education and social care, then yes, everyone should pay as it is beneficial to society as a whole.

But this is not an essential service, it is entertainment. Why should the BBC be thrust down the throats of those who don't want it? There are other channels that are free of charge to watch, after all!

---------- Post added at 18:20 ---------- Previous post was at 18:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Another day, another anti-BBC thread from OB...
It's not anti-BBC, it's anti-licence fee. You do like to twist things, don't you, Mr K?

---------- Post added at 18:22 ---------- Previous post was at 18:20 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Pah! It's called peering in your window or listening through the letterbox. Nothing more sophisticated.
I'm glad I re-read that. You said 'peering', not the word I thought you used....
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote