View Single Post
Old 19-10-2020, 18:41   #206
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Films to see in 2020 / 2021

I'm a die hard cinema goer too. I've had my Unlimited card since 2008. I was last at Cineworld the day they closed to see Akira 4k. I've been gutted at all the delays. I, when working would go on my days off to see a couple of films and since stopped working I used to go a couple of days a week.

As well as the massive backlog of movies there is also the effect of people loosing interest in films that should have been out and they were looking forward too. Films like Ghpstbusters Afterlife, it had a trailer and all the toys and merchandise were starting to come out. Now its delayed till next March I think. They will have to try hard to get people back on board as many studies may have already spent their budgets for advertising and merchandise etc.

It looks like Coming 2 America has already been moved to Amazon and so will not probably get its December cinema release. How many other movies will follow a similar route I wonder. Soul is another that is now set for streaming rather than big screen release. I wonder if Disney will do the same with some of the MCU such as Black Widow.