View Single Post
Old 19-10-2020, 18:39   #205
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Films to see in 2020 / 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I think there may end up being some films that drop from cinema releases to premium VOD rentals.
I hope so because continuous delays will only work for so long and can't be done indefinitely. You can only build up so much of a back log before the release schedule becomes unviable. Some people like me/your die hard movie fans will go to the cinema every week if they pushed a blockbuster out every week due to this year's delays however the majority of people haven't got the time and/or money. Even if you release 4 massive films in a month, Joe Bloggs will only want to see one and the other three will lose out. So either way things aren't going to go as hoped for by the studios and if I was Disney for example, I would be looking at next year's schedule and thinking about which movies (Disney and MCU) I want to release at the cinema and what might be better as pay per view.