View Single Post
Old 17-03-2019, 21:46   #5043
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver1948uk View Post
Microsoft was 'not only ahead of the curve, but leading it'.

Is it now?
That is a good example, true. But most computers still use Windows, it's just most young people don't use computers but android smartphones.

Leaving aside Spiderplant's reply to you, which I agree with, I would keep a close eye on Microsoft in regards to streaming.

Microsoft's silence on this matter is deafening and they still have the cash do do whatever they want, including taking on Netflix or buying them, should they wish to do so. Whether they actually do, I've no idea, but Murdoch sold most of his his empire due to the threat from the tech giants and Microsoft is still a Big Daddy looming in the shadows.

The one to see whether they lead or flop is Amazon. I cannot work out whether they are a retailer, streamer, AI, cloud company etc. They do too many things and will ultimately break off into several different companies to survice or die.

What I like about Netflix is you can understand it. It does streaming. That's it.