View Single Post
Old 25-04-2021, 20:16   #28
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: Poor quality of SD channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwish View Post
SD does look grim, for me I think it's the compression artefacts rather than the resolution.

Most SD channels seem to average about 1.6Mb/s with MPEG4 compression and that's squeezing things just a bit too tight for my liking.

Still, most SD viewing is Sky News as I'm too cheapskate to pay for the package with HD. Would be good if they threw in Sky News HD to those on the lowest package but I suppose they want to encourage people to move up!
Honestly l can't claim that it bothers me if it's sd or hd
Perhaps it's the standard of tv ( 42" uhd lg ) or just my eyes yes there is a difference but does it both me no