View Single Post
Old 15-03-2019, 15:17   #687
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
There is certainly a lot of content I don't watch on Netflix and Amazon, but then there is a tremendous amount of material that I have selected for my watchlists and at only a fraction of the price I am paying for cabletv channels.

I must say that I find it incredible that pay tv channels (premium channels excepted) have so few good programmes compared with the 'free' BBC, ITV and Channel 4 channels. You would expect to get better quality by paying for something as opposed to any free options, wouldn't you?
The BBC isn’t free and has a huge taxpayer funded budget. I’d fully expect it to have better programming (in general entertainment terms) than the vast majority of pay channels.