View Single Post
Old 28-07-2019, 13:26   #1479
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
We know you don’t like being tested on your, often incredible, thoughts Old Boy. That’s what makes it most fun.

“It’s a wonder anything happens”, the implication that I’m wasting time. Can I just make the observation that it’s your persistent denial of reality that keeps this thread discussing what most of us see as an obviously settled matter?
Like why would Virgin want Netflix on its platform? Or Amazon? Or Amazon channels? All of these arguments have been put forward in the past by people disagreeing with me that this will come about.

You forget that not every decision made by media companies follow your neat little package of ideas based on simplistic economic models such as 'this will cost the company £x and they will offer it to customers at £y and this makes it unviable'. There are many factors that are considered when making decisions such as these. Most of your arguments centre around very simple economic calculations when actually situations tend to be much more complex. It seems to me that you fail to factor in some very obvious considerations in your arguments, such as the additional revenue that can be made from attracting new customers. I have been saying for a long time that having all these services accessible and searchable from one box is an advantage and companies who offer such services will benefit from being able to offer all that content. Clearly, BT, Virgin Media and a reluctant Sky appreciate that now.

Roku is a good example of how people are attracted to a platform that offers a huge range of streaming services.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote