View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 20:51   #13
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Moving to a new phone - advice needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
Well... I got the Samsung Galaxy S8 and the nano SIM and it is now up and running. Thanks to everyone who offered advice on this.

The new phone is sleek and responsive with one exception that I have been struggling with all weekend. I copied my music files from my PC to a new micro SD card but no matter what I try I just cannot get them to show up in any music player. The card is properly seated and inserted and I have verified that the files are saved on the SD card both via the 'My Files' app on the phone and via the PC but, so far they cannot be seen by a music player - I've tried several. I have tried the same with a smaller micro SD card that was loaded with my music files which worked faultlessly in my old Galaxy Ace with the same result. The Android software is up to date for that model of phone. I'm beginning to fear that this is a bug.

Has anyone experienced something similar? Can anyone please offer any advice on this?
A few thoughts.

Did you format/mount the sd card in the phone as i think you need to do that?

You also have to give permission for the player app to access the SD card like any other app, can't remember how you do that though.