View Single Post
Old 18-10-2018, 11:15   #1
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold
Moving to a new phone - advice needed.

Apologies in advance for a bit of a novice question. I am currently on a sim only contract with Virgin Media. This deal is adequate for my needs. However, my mobile - a Samsung Galaxy Ace - is getting past its usefulness. I have seen a good deal on an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S8 that I am thinking of buying to replace the Ace.

My question is, will moving over to the S8 be simply a matter of removing my sim from my old phone and putting it into the new one? Will this mean that the new phone will then have my existing mobile number? Will the sim from my aging Ace even fit into the S8 or will I need a new one?

Additionally, will all of my contact numbers and existing texts move over to the new phone along with the sim or will these need to be moved separately?

Is there anything else I need to know?

Any advice gratefully received.
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote