View Single Post
Old 19-04-2018, 14:12   #9
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: When sky Q over internet begins, will you consider moving from VM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Personally i'll decide when I see what's on offer and for what price.

I think people will be tempted as they'll be able to get Sky Atlantic and it should work out cheaper than paying VM and Now TV.

Those who only have cable because they can't or don't want a dish on their wall will finally have a choice.

Apparently, it will also include a Freeview tuner, so that should end the current situation with VM where channels on Freeview (like Freesports) aren't available to paying customers! Of course, this would need an aerial, but since DSO I've seen people receive excellent reception even with indoor aerials.

I think that this could be the biggest threat to cable TV since the introduction of satellite television in the 1980's.
I doubt that having a tuner as part of the Sky Q will be that much of a draw, to be honest. If you have an aerial, then I would imagine that you will already have resolved the problem of the 'missing' terrestrials on Virgin, not that they are anything to write home about.

I have an aerial and I can receive the terrestrial channels both through my TV and through my DVD recorder. So there doesn't appear to be anything in the new Sky offer that would interest me, but maybe they will have a few surprises in store to make me re-consider.

The Sky Q interface is far better than Virgin's, but I prefer the way Virgin works. I really don't like the fact that you have to wait for your on demand selections to be downloaded before you can watch them, for example.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote