View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 00:48   #14
RizzyKing

Re: Phrase 'British values' deemed offensive teachers told.

Richard sorry but your being very thin skinned and personally i see you as one of those who represent a major problem we have these days in this country in thinking everything should accomadate you or adapt to you. It's all over the internet at the minute people going to parts that don't suit them usually posting comments\threads they know will get disagreed with then expecting it to change rather then doing the old fashioned thing of not going to those sites or whatever and going to sites more inline with that person.

The internet is vast and caters to all it's upto the individual to find their happy place which there are plenty of not to go somewhere and expect it to change. Free speech is fast dying in the UK because people are too thin skinned or quick to play an ism card of some sort when they don't get their way and I'm getting tired of it. I'm disabled i have had to deal with people insulting me for that in the past and I've dealt with it in one of two ways, firstly if it's a forum or other site that i know will support the people insulting me I don't go back or if like cable forum there isn't an ingrained acceptance of such behaviour i learnt not to let it get to me and got a little better at my comebacks on the very odd occasion it's needed.

What i never did was report it to admins or as a lot are doing these days the police i find that absolutely pathetic unless specific threats of violence were made by someone who knows your address. Free speech isn't meant to be easy, it isn't meant to only apply if you like it and it shouldn't be stiffled because some people are too precious.