Thread: TiVo BBC iplayer problem
View Single Post
Old 13-10-2014, 09:35   #51
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of
Re: BBC iplayer problem

The more I think about it, the more VM seem to be treating the whole iPlayer/local network congestion thing very reactively.

In my case if I hadn't nagged CS continually over a period of weeks, I don't get the feeling the congestion would have been logged anywhere near as quickly as it was. Obviously I don't know the nature of the fix in my area, but I'm left wondering if VM Networks were a bit more proactive about congestion triggers being breached, would things get logged (and ultimately fixed) quicker.

Perhaps I'm just being too simplistic, and the problem is communication within CS. Then there were the ping problems last week... a fault log wasn't exactly forthcoming then!
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote