Thread: Pronouns
View Single Post
Old 18-08-2022, 17:50   #66
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Re: Pronouns

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Doesn't this just come down to acceptance, if Eddie Izzard wants to use the pronouns she/her then so what? individuals might not agree with it but there is zero cost to respecting someone's wishes.
Eddie at one stage was saying they are genderfluid so might one day choose to be he/him and the next she/her. Should we really pander to that type of stuff on the whim of someone which makes it unnecessarily awkward for everyone else?

Genderfluid is one of those I put down to either confused, attention seeking or thinking they are cool with that label.

---------- Post added at 17:35 ---------- Previous post was at 17:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
A male has gender reassignment surgery and identifies as she/her - to you is that person male or female? Based on your statement I believe that privately you would refer to them as male. However, I suspect publicly in a situation where your career (or something else that could have negative financial or social impact) was potentially at risk you would refer to them as female.
Its a real problem in some physical sports where a man transitions to a woman and wants to compete despite having a huge muscle advantage over others that years of more testosterone and such has given them.

Police are spending so much time painting the cars rainbow coloured and forces telling their staff not to use sir or madam and to use LBTQ+ friendly terms instead while 70% of met officers have not made an arrest in the last month and most robberies do not even get investigated so are unsolved.

Worrying about gender pronouns and virtue signalling instead of working on crimes.

---------- Post added at 17:50 ---------- Previous post was at 17:35 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Well I’ll let you into a secret - I have an acquaintance (I’d call friend, but not close) who is transitioning; taking hormones and changed name. No longer a she. And yes, I use ‘his’ new name and refer to him as ‘he’ most of the time, though it depends on context. Legally she is still female and her birth certificate still has her given name on it.
I have an acquaintance who transitioned to become a her. I could probably say friend as they sometimes message me to meet up for a pint and we spoke about their transition before it happened and they sent me pictures while in the hospital having the surgical part too.

Of course I respect their choice. I feel anyone should be able to do whatever they want or put whatever they want in their body if its not affecting anyone else.

Speaking with them before and after, I'm not convinced they did it for what people might consider the right reasons. They not once told me they felt like they were in the wrong body/ felt feminine although its possible they just didn't say this to me. The relationship they have with their boyfriend is a very...risk/kink/hard to describe without going in to a lot of detail but there was a thrill in doing things in their relationship that was extreme. I get the feeling it was more to do with that and maybe a bit of being on the spectrum that lead to it all.

Obviously anyone going for surgery is going to have nerves but they were having second thoughts about right up until the day they went in for surgery, despite all the years it took to get there and the hormone side of it. Even after it was done and there was no going back, they wondered if they had done the right thing.

The point being, not everyone is what you would think 100% sure that transitioning is what they want, even if they have fantasised about it for a long time and made a good for years of their life about it.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote