Thread: Pronouns
View Single Post
Old 18-08-2022, 15:18   #63
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: Pronouns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Therein lies the devilish detail, though as a starting point I would refer back to my comments on gender dysphoria from earlier. It is a thing. It is a serious psychological condition and current medical opinion is that in some cases the best solution is to surgically alter the patient’s body to (superficially) represent the sex they believe they should have been born with. This is then followed up by a legal recognition, though in UK law you still only have the choice of male and female. It seems unlikely that there will ever be legal recognition of any of the other postulated gender states when academics are still arguing over exactly what they might be, and how many there are.

As I also said earlier, I’m not going out of my way to cause offence. If someone presents to me as a she, then that’s how I’ll know them - apart from anything else I have no other frame of reference by which I could make a different decision.

Turn it around though. If you got into an intimate relationship with someone who at the point it began to turn intimate turned out to be the opposite of what you expected, are you intolerant for breaking off the relationship, even though by implication you’re refusing to affirm the gender they presented to you?
So to take you back to this comment.

'I speak English; I refer to individuals as ‘he’ or ‘she’. This is based on a prima facie determination of an individual’s biological sex. That is normal and has been so for millennia.'

A male has gender reassignment surgery and identifies as she/her - to you is that person male or female? Based on your statement I believe that privately you would refer to them as male. However, I suspect publicly in a situation where your career (or something else that could have negative financial or social impact) was potentially at risk you would refer to them as female.

No evidence for the above, and placing no judgement on the above either.

regarding the latter I'm not sure it holds the same relevance, As i understand it you're talking about deception in an attempt to obtain something ?

There have been as I'm sure you're aware legal cases regarding similar scenarios.

---------- Post added at 15:18 ---------- Previous post was at 15:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
If you genuinely have gender dysmorphia (which is mental condition) and ultimately have surgery (which should be after years of counselling after all other options are exhausted and certainly only when you are adult). You are still biologically male, but polite society should accept you as female. This btw is an extremely tiny number of people.

What has been conflated now is that men that have a dressing up fetish, we used to call transvestites, are demanding to be called by female pronouns, wanting access to female spaces. They are intact males with no intention of losing their male genitalia. This is what needs to be checked.

Then of course you have the whole spectrum of other manufactured identities, so people can feel special and privileged white kids can feel like their in an oppressed minority group.

---------- Post added at 15:11 ---------- Previous post was at 15:08 ----------

No.
What female spaces are they demanding access to?