View Single Post
Old 26-07-2021, 09:43   #5
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Eurosport UHD no sound

My V6 glitched and recorded both the Eurosport 1 and later starting UHD coverage of the Men's Cycling Road Race. I actually ended up watching BBC coverage live on BBC1 and Red Button HD but I looked at the UHD later, and my impression is that Discovery did nothing other than overlay a logo. Not only was there no commentary but there were no advert breaks and the video kept going for a long time after with landscape footage, etc, like there was nobody in the Eurosport control room.

Basically I think they were using the raw footage from the Olympics Broadcasting organisation, hence no commentary, and the long pariod of watching ALL the finishers with no intercuts to studio or ads, and the long pans around the local area scenery for what felt like half an hour after the race. (I viewed it in FFW if you were wondering if I watched all this padding.)
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote