View Single Post
Old 24-07-2021, 17:06   #38
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Virgin Mobile UK Moves to Scrap Pay As You Go Packages

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Have you activated your new SIM? I found this was a bit of a pain because you can only do it while connected to their network but I had no signal at home.

I'm pretty sure I saw in the small print somewhere that you can have up to 5. I can't find it now, but it might have been in the paperwork that came with the SIM - can you check? I've just ordered another one as a test. What's the worst that can happen?

You can ring 999 (or 112) without a SIM anyway. Especially useful if you are out of range of your own operator but can get a signal on a different network.
That's good to know Re: 999- thanks. I haven't yet registered it, no.

---------- Post added at 17:05 ---------- Previous post was at 17:02 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Test passed!

I still can't find where it says you can have up to 5 but I'm sure I didn't imagine it. But I have just noticed you have to use them every 6 months to keep them active, so I'll need to swap periodically
Well spotted. I might as well not register the SIMs until I need them then. You probably didn't come across this before because your car will obviously use them at least once every 6 months.

---------- Post added at 17:06 ---------- Previous post was at 17:05 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
LOL

Top-ups only lasting 30 days isn't proper PAYG as far as I'm concerned. £10 a month and you'd be better with a no-contract SIM-only deal.
Exactly what I thought too.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote