Thread: General Whitelisted IP issue
View Single Post
Old 14-07-2021, 23:10   #4
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold
Re: Whitelisted IP issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Required to be whitelisted by whom?

In my experience, it's usually the site hosting the website you wish to access or any firewall through which your IP address must pass in order to reach the website.

That said, you've mentioned split VPN. How sure are you that this has been correctly set up? The normal way is to specify target URLs that must go through the VPN (to the VPN server over a tunnel via Virgin Media ISP) and then, by default, everything else goes to the Internet via Virgin Media as ISP.

Thanks Seph,

The supplier that the website belongs to insists they whitelist every user's IP address. The site won't load otherwise.

This is a recent issue - I've been able to access the site fine for over a year. As far as I'm aware, only internal networks are routed via the split VPN and I can't imagine my company would be concerned about this particular site anyway to send it through the VPN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Go here and see if you IP addy is blacklisted and if it is the VM addy or your VPN addy.

https://whatismyipaddress.com/blacklist-check
Thanks. There are errors next to three of the servers. I don't really know what I can do about that though..?
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote