View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 00:22   #33
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Renewals & Cancellations : 2011 : Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this but SyFy have cancelled Eureka. The good news is we'll still get to see the rest of season 4.5, a Christmas special and the 5th season. I just hope that it gets a proper ending because apparently filming is almost over.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-season/99918/
Damn

I'm doubtful about a proper ending... Syfy had prematurely announced a 6 episode 6th season before then scrapping that idea and just cancelling it after season 5... I think those 6 would have been for tying things up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
The problem is that SyFy treats the show badly. I mean come on, Eureka season 4 started airing the same day as Warehouse 13 aired its second season and now W13 is on it's third season whilst Eureka is now on 4.5.
The reason season 3 and 4 were each split in two was because they each had larger orders than seasons 1 and 2.

Season 1: 12 eps, started in July 2006.

Season 2: 13 eps, started in July 2007.

Season 3: 18 eps, first set of 8 started in July 2008, second set of 10 started in July 2009.

Season 4: 19 eps, first set of 9 eps started in July 2010, second set of 10 in July 2011. There was also a Christmas special this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Another great show killed

I hope W13 and Haven manage to survive.
I don't know what Haven's ratings are like, but Warehouse 13 is AFAIK still Syfy's highest rated show, and although it features some SFX it's probably still cheaper than Eureka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
I can`t believe Eureka is being cancelled,it`s a fantastic program. As others have said why is it all the good programs are being cancelled but the crap survive? Could it be that the crap programs are cheaper to make?
Yup.

From Amy Berg's Twitter:

(one of the writers)

https://twitter.com/#!/bergopolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Berg
Everyone is asking why. It's simple, really.

We are the network's golden child in every way, except profit margins. Fact is, #Eureka is an expensive show to make.

And we could not maintain the quality of our show with the cuts it would take to make us profitable for Syfy's new parent company.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote