Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
View Single Post
Old 18-07-2021, 10:08   #878
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

I have a Discovery+ subscription taken out with the Sky 12 month free option.

An online chat with Discovery+ says all the Olypmics will be included to regular Entertainment subscribers so you don't need the new 'sport' add-on.

When I checked the Discovery+ app is offering me and providing me an identicle line-up to the Eurosport app.

I don't know if new Discovery+ customers will get all the sport too - but the chat team said they will get the Olypmic stuff.

There is an offer at present to get 12 months of the combined Discovery+ and Sport add-on for £29.95.

The extra content being made available on Sky (and hopefully VirginMedia) will be a best of current events selection - you'll need the app for the full selection.

UPDATE: Discovery+ sub (without sport) does give Eurosport 1 and 2 - but not the extra streams. They said the Olympics will be available though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardr View Post
The BBC have the rights to two streams - one will be broadcast on either BBC One or BBC Two - the other on the single red button channel.

Eurosport have unlimited coverage, and will be showing additional streams both on broadcast and on their apps (Discovery and Eurosport apps), including some 4K content. Yet to see if Virgin Media have signed up to take the additional content - they didn't take the 4K content from Eurosport for the French Open tennis or the Wimbledon finals this year.

Last edited by ozsat; 18-07-2021 at 10:38.