Thread: 500M Sam knows whitebox
View Single Post
Old 25-08-2020, 00:51   #13
fizzyade
cf.addict

fizzyade has a spectacular aura about themfizzyade has a spectacular aura about themfizzyade has a spectacular aura about themfizzyade has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Sam knows whitebox

I had a weird thing the other day, noticed downloads were maxing out at about 5Mbit and that I had terrible latency.

There had been an outage prior to the speed reduction, and I'd rebooted the hitron.

When I noticed the slow speeds, I initially blamed opnsense and rebooted that, but when it came back up the issue still remained, at this point I was thinking "oh god, utilisation issues here".

As a last resort, I went into the hitron and everything looked ok, nothing out of the ordinary, all channels in use, IP's correct (I'm on the 13 ip package) so decided I'd reboot it anyway.

After the whirring of the hamster had finished, straight to ookla and I could see visually just from the page loading that speeds had returned and sure enough instead of the 5Mbit DL rate, I was back to 500Mbit.

Absolutely no indication of what had happened, but a reboot fixed it and it's all back and working fine now.

The white box confirms this by the graphs, I can see the outage and my post outage reboot showing slow speeds and the instant I rebooted the hitron I see the speeds jump back up to normal.
fizzyade is offline   Reply With Quote