View Single Post
Old 06-01-2005, 14:19   #13
altis
cf.mega poster

altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star
altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star
Re: Network Printer help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie
When i click on network connections in the control panel, all i can see is the lan connection. Not hte other pc.
That sounds like you are looking from the XP machine. For the purposes of getting your printer going this information is irrelevant.

I suggest you look for the XP machine from the 98 one. The easiest way to do this is to go to the 98 machine and click:
start / find / computer
then enter the name of the XP machine and click 'find now'.

If it can find it then double click on the name and you should see the printer. If you can find the computer but not the printer then you haven't enabled it for sharing on the XP machine. If you can't see the XP computer then you have a networking problem which could be any number of things but we'll take that as it comes!
altis is offline   Reply With Quote