View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 12:18   #52
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: More VM Jobs could be lost to the Philippines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
What a strange post. I'm looking forward to your thoughts on the compensation culture and people who milk the system for all its worth.
I don't understand what you mean by that, could you explain more clearly please?

I think that as these offshore people are costing the UK in terms of lost income tax, employer/employee National Insurance Contributions, possible increased benefit payments and disposable income is being lost that there is a case for companies that indulge in this practice to be taxed in the same way that robotic 'employees' is being suggested.

It would discourage it and at least share the (alleged) economic benefits of this practice.

---------- Post added at 12:18 ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Vodafone are currently in the process of expanding their UK call centres as they will eventually stop using oversea call centres.
Excellent news, I may change to Vodafone in support when I get a new smartphone.

I'm sure that Vodafone must have looked at this holistically before reaching this decision and realised that commercial benefits extend beyond the simple fact that they can on paper save money by using foreigners as a means of cheap labour.

I remember reading a report about this 20 years ago, but never thought that companies would be stupid enough to do it to the extent that they are doing today.

There's an advert on TV that reinforces the fact that they have UK based call centres, not sure if that's Vodafone or another company like a bank.

Hopefully the tide is turning.

I caught a repeat of fonejacker the other day and thought of this thread

https://m.youtube.com/results?q=inte...jacker%20&sm=1

Whilst it is funny, there's a serious message in there because many people, especially the elderly and vulnerable, such as those who are mentally impaired find these people impossible to deal with.

Also, there was a documentary series about a man who formally had a business in Wales who tried out this offshore lark:

https://m.youtube.com/results?q=nev%...0india%20&sm=1

It was so farcical that it was more of a comedy.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote