Thread: VM Business New VM Business service - 350Mb
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 10:41   #40
APS
Inactive

APS is a jewel in the roughAPS is a jewel in the roughAPS is a jewel in the roughAPS is a jewel in the roughAPS is a jewel in the rough
Re: New VM Business service - 350Mb

Regarding the problems with the multiple fixed IPs and the Hitron, after doing a succession of tests over a couple of days to show the poor performance so we had the data in hand, we phoned VM business support.

We got put through to 2nd level support fairly quickly who almost immediately said the issue we are seeing is almost certainly down to a software issue within their network that causes packet fragmentation (and possibly loss) for data passing through the GRE tunnel. They have plans to fix this in the next few weeks (by "mid-July"). He said the issue results in timed out web pages from some common sites, slow results from speedtest sites, etc etc.

He did also check for local congestion in our network and they will do a line test but all looked OK during the initial checks.

I guess they only have seen this since going live with the service, but unless they fix it soon I think I will be asking for a refund, if only to focus their minds on getting the fix rolled out.
APS is offline   Reply With Quote