Thread: VM Business New VM Business service - 350Mb
View Single Post
Old 22-04-2017, 14:56   #4
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era
Re: New VM Business service - 350meg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nallar View Post
> I was told this news on a call with VM Business yesterday, so it has some credence.

My bad - I had tried to confirm this last year and they didn't say there was priority. In the comments of the ISP review article it was also said that VM hadn't stated it.

I'll trust them if they've told you directly

> Support is very good especially in the evenings when the engineer you talk to will actually login to the CMTS while you are on the phone and diagnose with you on the line.

Much better than normal VM support then - quite tempting really.

Do you know if VM business customers who aren't using a fixed IP/routed subnet option are stuck with a hitron puma 6 router or is there an option to use your own DOCSIS 3 modem?

edit: The post I replied to has mysteriously vanished. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The prioritisation was mentioned in conjunction with new services not existing....

Support is indeed excellent - can't fault it to be honest. All UK based and knowledgeable on the services. A I say in the evenings you get to talk to the engineer directly. During the day they log it and you get a call back.

The business services are only supplied with the Hitron now which is Puma 6 based. They rolled out a firmware upgrade to it in the past couple of weeks. On Tuesday this week I went from 12 to 16 downstreams due to an area upgrade, which often seems to trigger the Puma 6 spike in latency, but my graph is great still so wondering if the Puma6 firmware fix was part of this upgrade.

The original 50 Mb/s fixed IP service was provided on a version of the Superhub 1 with business firmware that had the fixed IP options, but all speeds are now provided on the Hitron.

Sorry I made the foolish mistake of using Internet Explorer with this forum and tried to add to my post which resulted in it vanishing!
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote