View Single Post
Old 24-09-2016, 01:28   #149
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Thin skinned people often cannot tell the difference between a troll and someone voicing an opinion.

We should not go with the lowest deliminator of someone saying they feel threatened or insulted by a minor comment which 99.9% of the population would not even batter an eyelid at. This way just brings an ever restrictive society where no one can express themselves or be entitled to free speech, without it being a crime.

Once we lose the ability to vent, it will lead to more physical actions to let of steam, which will be much worse in the long run.
I think that peoples feelings should be taken into consideration, but that people should voice their opinion in a polite and respectful manner.

Often, it's not the opinion of someone that's the problem, but the way that it's put across.

Having said that, should less intelligent, educated etc people, therefore be denied opportunity to make their opinion known just because they are unable to express themselves effectively??

You do make a good point, as over the years (since the 80's??) there does appear to be people who seem to spend their time perpetually 'being offended'!

The number of times that I have seen people revelling at the opportunity to call people (usually racist) on the most spurious of grounds is ridiculous.

This type are usually white and seem to be out to collect PC brownie points.

The last time I saw this was when somebody said that they had "found themselves in a prickly situation". Apparently, this innocent saying is racist as it is now said to refer to black slaves
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote