Thread: 500M 500mb Question
View Single Post
Old 19-08-2019, 13:41   #225
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: 500mb Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
When you buy the unlimited sim for £32 and use the FUP calculator, what happens? Why do you think your unlimited is more unlimited than the £32 unlimited?

Its unlimited at home. When roaming you have to abide by the FUP which is in the terms and conditions which were linked to. If you don't get charged, brilliant. I'm more annoyed at having gone to the effort of finding and linking the terms of use only for you to say no sound advice has been given.

"You can now use your UK allowance of minutes, texts and data anywhere in the EU, just as you would at home – subject to fair use limits."

If I'm being totally honest, I'm not sure how much simpler the above can get.
I have just spoken to an operative, having got fed up waiting for a text response, and have been told that the upper daily limit for 'unlimited' SIMs of the kind I have, (paid for through a broadband deal), is 100GB a day! Not even my family managed to exceed that! I asked the OP where the limit is written down. He said in roaming FAQs in my mobile account. I haven't found it yet, but will keep looking. You would think it would be more obvious than that!

So, as it stands, the OP's answer does account for the lack of charges so far. He agreed when I suggested that the 100GB figure was arrived at because a line had to be drawn somewhere and only a maniac would exceed that. He also agreed that the FUP calculator does not apply to this situation.

BTW There has been discussion elsewhere.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...ighlight/false

Last edited by Paul M; 19-08-2019 at 15:39. Reason: I said enough of the arguments, dont push it.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote