View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 11:17   #1003
Jayceef1
Inactive

Jayceef1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77 & 102]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
You never have and or do not have a case to rest.

I see you are on a mission to dismiss everything or every concern people genuinely have about Phorm - so what is the point in arguing with someone who believes black is white?

Just take on board the fact that some users and there is a lot of these, that they do not want to have their data tracked by their ISP so it can be sent to a third party such as Phorm. End of story.
I have never said that I dismiss peoples genuine concerns or argue that black is white. Again you misinterpret. Just that people should base their concerns on facts rather than unfounded speculation of what it will do or what might happen in the future. A lot is of this is based on the BT implementation which is far more advanced that the others. CPW look like they will implement differently and VM could do different still. When we "know" exactly how it will work then you can make the judgement call. I know some will say not at any cost but others may not providing the safeguards are adequate or they put their own solution in place and some will not care at all.

Unless it is ruled out completely by the European commisison then it is highly likely that it will happen in some form whatever anyone thinks and most other ISPs are likely to follow suit. I am not for it but it may be something that we have to live with for cheap broadband.