View Single Post
Old 24-03-2023, 20:19   #18
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
Re: Council Tax - How much was your % increase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
4.9% to £2,507 quite a lot given that I don't use any services other street maintenance and furniture !
Who empties your bins, checks the cleanliness behind the scenes of the local supermarket or takeaway, looks in to what's happening to that withdrawn looking child down the road who's parents are always shouting at them, makes sure the petrol station is actually pumping the amount of fuel you're paying for etc. I could go on but if the council stopped the services you don't realise you pay for you'd probably one of the first to complain.

I remember many years ago when I worked for a different local authority, a chap complained regularly about the road gully not being cleaned often enough. The lady who managed street cleansing arranged for the gully to be swept and the drain cleaned monthly at the start of the shift at 7am. He then complained that he was being woken, but he never complained about the service (or lack of) after that.

Anyway, to sum up you may think it's a waste of money but you'd miss the functions you take for granted if they suddenly weren't there.
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote