View Single Post
Old 10-08-2022, 15:23   #263
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Rising cost of living

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I said silent quitter ie someone who does the bare minimal work and is not engaged with it. One stage worse than a quiet quitter!

He was not hounded out of office, his colleagues lost confidence in him. I think the process to decide his replacement is old-fashioned and lethargic. It makes the TiVo box look like a rocket and it's a shame the Party can't speed it up.

People are having sleepness nights over the current cost of living crisis, let alone future energy hikes. They need action and plans now. Instead they see Sunak and Truss constantly point-scoring whilst London burns.
He was hounded out of office by the Opposition and the media, as you well know. They forced the party into this position because they just would not move on and it forced a major slowdown in the conduct of the government’s business.

I don’t know what you expect the man to do, it is convention that no major budget decisions are made by an existing PM while an election for a replacement PM takes place.

Some people like yourself like to paint the picture that nothing is happening to help people who are struggling. So what is the £1,200 support for lower income families, then? Scotch mist?