View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 21:45   #2164
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Government & Post Election Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Er, what of the Tories who have voted against the Referendum instructions according to their personal wishes? or are you being hypocritical?
You deliberately miss my point. A member of a Political Party has a duty to ensure his party can gain, or at best, influence the ability to govern. If he/she actively attempts to block this aim then they will have betrayed their party and colleagues.

To vote against a bill whilst in Government is different. If an Government MP believes that a motion compromises the national interest then they are entitled to vote along these lines. The national interest supersedes party interests ..

---------- Post added at 21:45 ---------- Previous post was at 21:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Maybe so, but if they ignore the reality of their position, they will be annihilated.

Suits me. I would have thought you'd be devastated!
Why devastated? I do not support Labour. Yes, people are able to not support Labour and Tory at the same time. It is allowed you know ..