Thread: Football Season 2018/2019
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 12:28   #67
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Season 2018/2019

Eh? Finish 19th and retain your position? Spending 300 million? What on earth are you going on about. There's not a single team in the league with a net spend of that. Nor is it legally doable.

The issue with Newcastle is the complete lack of reinvestment after being paid a decent sum from TV deals. No one is up in arms about top 4 football. They're up in arms about not spending on par with teams around them and then the owner appearing on Sky Sports saying mistakes were made when they go down. They're annoyed that Rafa Benitez was promised all income would be made available to improve a deadwood squad. That's not happened so naturally he's irate.

The disaster being Newcastle are heading into a season without the investment they needed, are likely to be among the favourites to go down. Rafa Benitez is in the last year of his contract and will walk away from a board that has screwed him at every turn and the fans will revolt, all on top of the very fair chance the owner won't reinvest in returning to the Premier League leaving Newcastle with huge losses and an uncertain future.

I'd say that's a fair disaster. Don't take my word for it though. We'll just use Villa whom had the plug pulled on them and were sold to a chinese investor trying to make a quick buck, just recently securing investment in the championship to keep the club alive but once again find themselves absolutely needing promotion or face potential financial ruin. Then Sunderland who also had the plug pulled on them by Ellis Short. They're now in League One.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 03-08-2018 at 12:43.