Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 28-07-2018, 17:15   #755
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit Discussion (New thread-Follow First Post Rules!)

The worst part of it is that the EU are behaving nastily towards us. Why would we want to be in their club given they've shown their true colours?

The Remainers on this thread have answered the above question. Although the Remainers haven't conceded that the EU is behaving nastily, they know it but feel that protection of our economy is more important than getting away from an EU that treats us so badly.

The EU logically says that it is we who decided to leave, so it is up to us to come up with relationship proposals that suit the EU. Nothing we propose that they perceive as being to our advantage will ever suit the EU.

Then we have a useless guvmin that couldn't get to grips with this day 1 reality. Fox and co had convinced themselves that a trade agreement with the EU would be a doddle; they'd called the EU names for years but never took steps in power to forestall the eventuality we are now facing.

As March approaches, appraisals of the type made above will grow in frequency and assertiveness and public unrest will grow.

A bubble then has to burst. First it is likely to be the Conservative Party although that can be avoided by a change of leader. Second, public unrest could be assuaged by a second referendum which I'm now certain will lead to a Remain decision by a larger than 52/48 ratio.

As I've said before, I don't mind remaining in the EU provided that we are not bound by "ever closer union" and we can use our picador sticks on them to get France's protective mantle lifted; to get Germany's illegal 8% surplus reduced to 3%; stay out of the Euro.

But as I'm not allowed to call the Brussels lot "turds" I can only lament as to how we got to this stage and how let down we are by the Guvmin.

My advice is at your risk.