Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2020)
View Single Post
Old 29-12-2019, 14:09   #19
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I find it frustrating to watch the ITV Hub, All4 and My5 due to the ads, and that is why the only streaming services we watch are Netflix, Amazon Prime, BBC i-Player, Now TV and Apple+.

All the other programmes we watch are recorded. So therefore, we do not encounter the kind of problems you find with ad-supported streaming.

---------- Post added at 11:39 ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 ----------

If you watch programmes from a non-ad supported streaming service, there are two advantages over the PVR. Firstly, you have a huge wealth of programmes to choose from, whereas your PVR has limited disk space. Secondly, although you can fast forward through the advertisements with programmes recorded from the commercial channels, you don't even have to do that with SVOD or the i-Player. Just press play and no further interventions are necessary.

The only issue I have with VOD is the fact that programmes can be withdrawn before you have the chance to watch them. This is a particular problem with Now TV.
That is a major issue for me too.

Several times I have missed the first 1 or 2 episodes of a series, been asked by friends if I have watched it, downloaded them from IPlayer only to find they have disappeared before I have time to watch them.

On other occasions they have gone from IPlayer before I find out about them.

Really not sure why this happens as when I record them from EPG they stay for ever - who decided on the arbitrary time limit?
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote