View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 21:47   #407
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup.

They've absolutely shat the bed, I'd love to know what Southgate said at half time. All the pre match hype of how confident England were. They failed to show any of that after the first 45. Again I'd love to know what prompted this mental collapse from being a goal in front.

---------- Post added at 21:22 ---------- Previous post was at 20:54 ----------

Just horrid to watch. I'd have taken going out playing to their best against France or Belgium or any top level team.. Not to Croatia with this shocking performance. England have choked harder than Steven Gerrard did letting in Demba Ba.

---------- Post added at 21:47 ---------- Previous post was at 21:22 ----------

What's there to say?

Conflicting opinions it seems. The run is a lie and Croatia were the first good team England really had to get by and they failed. That if we'd seen the fixtures we'd have before the tournament we'd expect to run all the way to the final.

On the next opinion. England could have beaten anyone on their day. That first half performance would've tested France.

Myself. I just don't understand. I have absolutely no idea how you go in at 45 minute looking like a top team and reappear in the second half looking like Newcastle United. Desperately trying to cling onto a 1 goal lead.

I can't defend Southgate either. He got that horribly wrong, we all seen a goal coming and made no shift to change the outcome.

Sadly whilst I find a case to agree with both opinions on ways, especially given how many times I've said they could do it and I still believe they could have. The fact is a simple one. We'll never get an easier run to a world cup final than that and we bottled it.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 11-07-2018 at 21:54.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote