View Single Post
Old 08-05-2018, 14:49   #4243
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
And how many are going to pay for the no commerci option when it's all available to record on linear.

The BBC don't have commercials
TV without commercials appeals to many. Even having to fast forward them is a nuisance I could do without.

Don't forget that we are in the beginning of a transitional period. The BBC is working on the assumption that when the next licence fee is reviewed, the current method of broadcasting channels will be phasing out and all their content will be streamed/on demand. At that point, the licence fee is likely to be scrapped in favour of a subscription and so all the participating channels on the Kangaroo type service will get a cut of the subscription fee.

The one concern I have is that we will be reliant on the broadcasters to determine the length of time that content will be displayed. I rather like the flexibility to view it at my leisure, up to about 18 months ahead. If they place the same kind of timelines as Now TV do, this will make juggling our viewing rather more difficult.

---------- Post added at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 14:27 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Not sure how much Eleven Sports is - perhaps you could enlighten me?

Fox are offering streaming of every NRL game at over £20pm - way too high in my opinion, especially when 2 or 3 games are live on Sky each week.

If that is a typical price for streaming it will not take off imho
Actually, it's not as bad as I thought, sorry. A subscription to Eleven Sports costs about a tenner per month in Belgium, but they get three sport channels for that.

However, it's still costing people more than before as Sky doesn't seem to be reducing their prices to reflect the loss of choice.