View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 18:19   #41
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Millions to be affected by NHS plan to ration 34 everyday tests and treatments

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I think I should clarify that I don't think the efficiency problem is down to the medical staff. It's the bureaucracy and the clapped out systems that they have to live with that is the problem.

We should be looking at those issues, implement the changes required and with the savings, improve working hours for the medics to attract more to the profession. The hours they have to work are ridiculous - no wonder we can't get the staff.
And every time the myth of "too many managers in the NHS” comes up, I post this, but people still keep repeating the myth.

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/project...s/nhs-managers
Quote:
How does this compare to other sectors?

According to the Office for National Statistics, the proportion of managers in the UK workforce as a whole in June 2010 was 15.4 per cent. These statistics also show that there were 77,000 hospital and health service managers across the United Kingdom, or 4.8 per cent of the NHS workforce. In other words, the NHS has a managerial workforce that is one-third the size of that across the economy as a whole...

... The NHS in England is a £100 billion-a-year-plus business. It sees 1 million patients every 36 hours, spending nearly £2 billion a week. Aside from the banks, the only companies with a larger turnover in the FTSE 100 are the two global oil giants Shell and BP. If the NHS were a country it would be around the thirtieth largest in the world.

If anything, our analysis seems to suggest that the NHS, particularly given the complexity of health care, is under- rather than over-managed.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote