View Single Post
Old 12-09-2021, 10:20   #368
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

BBC did have some access issues when they first started UHD tests - but they said in advance it had limited capacity.

Can't find much about yesterday's Peocock issue except the Downdetector peak at 3.02pm UK time.

One report says "This is a comcast datacenter outage impacting Peacock and others" - which is something for Sky viewers to look out for in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Have the live streams on the BBC i-Player ever gone down? I've never known that to occur.

It really shouldn't happen with a well designed streamer, given appropriate technical competence of those charged with its delivery, surely?

I'd be interested to know what actually went wrong for NBC. I completely agree that these issues will have to be resolved before relying on any given streamer to provide live sport.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote