View Single Post
Old 19-10-2020, 22:15   #3498
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

There’s enough similarities to D’Hondt that I thought it was, but I also see it’s a D’Hondt hybrid if you like - with a constituency element.

And I agree the system to be skewed in a manner I described would be unlikely - it’d need 100% of the SNP constituency voters to not vote SNP on the list. I think in the real world it’d be impossible to get as much as half to do so, but somewhere around a third realistic. That’d have them ahead of the Lib Dems on the list.

I do accept the awareness of how the system works isn’t yet high enough for independence voters to exploit it.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote