View Single Post
Old 15-10-2021, 11:03   #16
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: Rising cost of living

I remember reading a few years ago that

decades back the average family spent 25-30% of income on food
now that figure is around 10%

Indicating how costs of basics had reduced greatly leaving more money for luxuries, or savings.

The chicken article was commenting that the price of a chicken had over the last years dropped from £5 to around £3.50 (not going to bother to reread). To get back up to £5.00 would be a huge percentage rise. (I like to get chuckies from the farmer's market, cost somewhat more than £5.00 but are very nice.)

I don't like price rises any more than anyone else but as costs increase so will prices. That will lead to wage increases -> cost increases and upward it spirals.

Problem is that those who could weather a wage freeze (or even cut) are likely to be the most vocal about maintaining wage rises.