View Single Post
Old 28-05-2021, 15:39   #1969
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Science Fiction, Fantasy, and other TV Snippets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
No, it’s called "representation"
In other words, you just made the point for us.

Every show must now have a black or coloured person, every show must have an LGBTQ whatever , gotta tick all those boxes now, and of course, you have to constantly promote/preach about it instead of just getting on with the story.

Its complete bollox and slowly destroying many shows, as viewing figures show (think Supergirl, Batwoman).

Of course, its perfectly possible to have variety ['representation'] and not constantly preach about it.
I dont particularly care for the new Equalizer, but I've watched a few, and they dont keep harping on about her colour (or sex) - they just get on with the show (and as a result, its doing quite well).

Forcing minority characters into every show is simply not realistic, the latest figures I could find for the UK were about 3% of the popilation is not Hetrosexual, the last figure I could find for the US was about 5%

Apparently a Gallup poll asking Americans what they thought the figure was says most estimated the figure at about 21 - 24%.
In other words, they over estimated by 4 or 5 times - I cant imagine why they over estimate it by so much .....

Getting back to the subject, I will give The 4400 a chance, but if it turns out to be another preachy pc show then I'll dump it.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote