View Single Post
Old 23-07-2018, 22:08   #287
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of
Re: VM loses UKTV channels

Quite ironically I actually "renewed" our Full House Sports & Movies only last Thursday, and got a new price for the next year that I'm quite happy with. We don't really watch any UKTV and can see a lot of merit in the whole FTA argument that Virgin are claiming.

But I am quite seriously unimpressed with Virgin's approach to this to be honest. "Replacement" channels that are nothing of the sort (great as an addition, fine - and the Love Nature one is actually pretty good), leaving the EPG slots open to pretend nothing's changed, and the whole PR approach to this.

Sure we don't know the detail in the contracts etc so this may have already been on borrowed time, I suppose VM have to draw a line somewhere - and yes I'm sure this will be resolved at some point. Perhaps within a couple of weeks, maybe longer. But it just leaves a sour taste.

My parents have VM mainly for the broadband & TiVo, with basic TV and a phoneline that's not even connected. They watch UKTV quite a bit and have Freeview but are thinking quite seriously about chopping the TiVo and phone, and just keeping the BB - assuming this isn't resolved quickly. I really can't say I blame them.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote